Saturday, June 14, 2014

Make your own memories

When I think about all the places I've travelled sometimes its hard to remember all the details. I love collecting little bits along the way and these things bring back memories that really capture the essence of a place. Some of the mosttreasured  souvenirs that I have are things that remind me of an experience I had that the photographs just can't convey.
I have a some wool from a sheep that I sheered in New Zealand and a small bit of woven cloth I made with some women in Tonga. A picture that I helped the little boy paint at the homestay in Samoa. I love to keep my battered guide books and travel souvenirs and reminisce and if you do the same you’ll know the power of objects to evoke a time and place. 

Crafting is a great way for you to make some of your own treasured possessions that you can bring back from the road, and remind you of the amazing experiences behind them.

That's why we came up with our 'Give it a go' sessions in our workshop. And it's not just for the tourists. It's a great way to spend time with loved ones or celebrate a special occasion. 

We have something for everyone from glass painting to embroidery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment