Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 #makeitcount

January is always a strange month. You’ve over indulged and over spent in December and the New Year comes and you resolve to do lots of things differently.  Last year my New Years resolution was to become more organised and I can honestly say that I finished the year more organised than I started it but looking back over the year I hope that that wasn’t my greatest achievement.

As I crossed the Irish Sea heading home having spent a wonderful Christmas and New Year with both mine and Tom’s family I was looking out at the slightly stormy sea. It was like a blank canvas, full of possibilities and it  was all just bubbling under the surface waiting to come out. That's how I feel about 2015. 

I, like many, can think of all the things I don’t like about myself, my life, my habits and resolve to try and change them. Or for 2015 I could not. This year I am going to give myself a break and simply resolve to make this year count. Good things and bad things will come my way and I can’t control them but I can control myself. I can try and make small changes in my life, watching less TV, eating better, but at then end of the year I want to feel like I gave 2015 all I had and came out the other end a better person.

Having decided to approach 2015 in this way I feel and energy and buzz that I haven’t felt before at this time of year. I fell like each day is going to bring something great because I’m going to make it great by being good to myself. I’m going to make that project I’ve been thinking about for ages, I’m going to swap the fizzy drinks for bottles of water (done that already), I’m going to find time to use the spa voucher and I’m going to make each day count in some small way.

What was really great is that the few nights I have been lying in bed thinking about what my little thing is going to for the following day so when I wake up I know already and I feel good which is a great way to start a new day.


So for 6 days I’ve stopped watching TV before 9pm to make time for other things (thank God for sky plus) and for five days I’ve swapped all my drinks (except one morning coffee) for water. However, yesterdays' thing is one I got really excited about. I took something I didn’t use/didn’t like and changed it into something I do like/use. And the best thing is I might do it for one day, or everyday for one month and either way I’m still sticking with my resolution.  And having over spent a bit during the holidays it is a great way to keep crafting and be rather thrifty about it. I’ll try and post them on Facebook & pinterst so you can check my progress. 

So I'd like to wish you all a great 2015 - whatever you resolve to do have a great year, be kind to yourself and #makeitcount

No comments:

Post a Comment