Sunday, March 8, 2015

The wind in my hair...

Today was a fabulous spring day, the sun was shining and we headed straight out to the beach. The car windows were down and the dogs were hanging so far out of the window I was worried they would fall out again when we took those bends and curves on the North Coast road. 

We walked out on Lacken Strand and the sea was crashing down. It felt like I was shaking off the winter cobwebs and my mind went into Spring mode. As we were walking back to the car we saw lots of rally cars, a little unexpected. I looked it up on the internet and it was the Mayo Stages Car Rally….who knew we had a car rally right on our doorstep. I am still surprised that there is so much going in our little corner of the world. 

So we ran on the beach, got our feet wet and felt the sand between our toes. The colours of spring are always so strong. The blue sky, the lush green fields still swollen with the winter rain, the white of the waves as they crash on the golden sand. 

I suppose the winter has not left us completely yet but the promise of long summer days came in today with the rising of the sun and the the showers felt more spring like than stormy. I came back and felt invigorated and rejuvenated.

So the spring window is planned, the summer courses pencilled in and my mind is racing ahead to the coming months. We will celebrate our marvellous mothers, our patron saint and the Easter will soon be upon us. 

I feel like today recharged the batteries and got my engines going again - it's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do!







No comments:

Post a Comment